Sunday, November 13, 2011

Joy in Shame

      I know I need you....I need to love you. I love to see you, but its been so long. I long to feel you. I feel this need for you and I need to hear you. Is that so wrong...

     Now you pull me near you. When we are close, I fear you. Still I'm afraid to tell you all that I have done. Are you done forgiving? Or can you look past my pretending? Lord, I'm so tired of defending what I have become. What have I become....

    And I hear you say "My love is over, it's underneath, it's inside, it's in between. The times you doubt me, when you can't feel, the times you question 'Is this for real?' The times that you're broken. The times that you mend. The times you hate me and the times that you bend. Well, my love is over, it's underneath, it's inside, it's in between. These times you're healing and when your heart breaks. The times that you feel like you are falling from grace. The times you're hurting. The times that you heal. The times you go hungry and are tempted to steal. In times of confusion, in chaos and pain, I'm there in your sorrow under the weight of your shame. I'm there through the heartache. I'm there in the storm. My Love, I will keep you by My power alone. I don't care where you fall or where you have been. I'll never forsake you because My love never ends."

"It never ends...."